Thursday, February 3, 2011

In which I discover Ravelry...

Today, my friends, I've discovered the most amazing ( in my opinion) knitting website - Ravelry. On the website you can find me as nifftyknitter33. So the first thing I see is that cute, colorful sign in page. I had to stifle a giggle as I saw all the yarn fiber animal in yarn. Is there anything more ironic and funny? Then I get all signed up and make my profile and explore the site. I have a feeling that it'll take me a while to get used to everything there.

I really made some progress on my knitted bag today. Also, after seeing my dad go out into this crazy Chicago blizzard of 2011 I vowed to make him a hat. And not just a plain-cheapo-buy-at-Walmart-for-a-dollar-hat, I'm talking about a warm ribbed wool hat and a big thick scarf. Hopefully, this will prevent him from looking like a man from the ice age when he comes in from shoveling.

In other new, school starts for me tomorrow. Gone are the care free days of being snowed in and knitting all day. Just like them good olden days! Hmmm.... I wonder if they would let me bring my knitting to school? Would that be fun or what? Half of the teachers just let us have a 'study period' while they correct papers. Or I could make a knitted book bag! That might be fun. Recently, though, it seems like I've been trying to tackle WAY too many projects. But it seems like I work better when I'm overwhelmed!


No comments:

Post a Comment